27 May 2018

I would like to start recording our life here again

This blog is a record of our life in this house, as the years go by, that I am so grateful we have. Birthdays and holidays. The routine sustaining happy family times that change with the seasons. They have come and gone and we remember them. This year, after some dormant seasons, we have the front yard garden well underway. A new fence to replace the bamboo one I loved that did not hold up to the Colorado elements. Seedlings under lights since January, most planted out already.

R is starting high school in the fall and graduating 8th grade this week. So many emotions. So much loss. Both my parents within the year. The first anniversary of my dad's death is a few days after R's graduation.

I don't know where to start, so here is a picture of my first batch of kombucha. I understand I am way behind on this trend, and that there is not a lot of science behind the health of this fermented brew. R likes buying it at the grocery store so I looked into making it and found that I love the process and the taste. We all think we feel better after drinking it? My second batch went too long and everyone thought it was too sour. My third batch will be ready tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Followers